Hi! I am a professor in artificial intelligence and deep learning at the University of Liège (Belgium). Previously, I held positions as a research fellow at CERN and as a postdoctoral associate at New York University with the Physics Department and the Center for Data Science.
My research topics are at the intersection of deep learning, approximate inference and the physical sciences. Together with my collaborators and students, we have been developing a new generation of simulation-based inference algorithms based on deep learning, with several applications in particle physics, astrophysics, astronomy or gravitational wave science. Our long-term research objective is make AI a cornerstone of the modern scientific method.
- February 2023: MSc thesis topics for 2023-2024 are now available. Check reguarly for updates.
- December 2022: Level up! I have been promoted to professor.
- May 2022: New MSc thesis topics for 2022-2023 have been added.
- January 2022: MSc thesis topics for 2022-2023 are now available.
- January 2022: New web page!